Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I’m listening to bagpipe music right now

It's so cool! I wish I could play the bagpipes. Maybe I should learn how. But I don't have any bagpipes and I don't know where to get any, so I guess for right now I will just be content with my violin and piano playing skills. And I can still play Celtic music on my violin. I just need some music. Oh how I wish I had some. How do bagpipes work? There are the drones, that are a continuous sound and they have to be tuned to the right frequencies. Their air supply comes from the bag. Then there is the part that looks like a recorder, and the player plays it with his or her fingers. I’m pretty sure it’s air supply comes from the bag as well. The bag gets its air from the player, who blows air into it through a little tube. Bagpipes are fascinating.



No comments: